Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Every book needs a front cover so I started working out some ideas and then I remembered the guy  who put the animation and sound on a political web site that I own. When you click on www.Taxhog.com , you hear, “Here Pig Pig, Here Pig Pig, Souuee Souuee”

The guy who did this is Joey, a very interesting guy. Joey earned  a degree from a college in central Kansas seven miles north of where Dr. T. A. H. Lowe started practicing medicine. Joey moved to Kansas City. He found a job with the Public Library.

I first met Joey while doing some political harassment of guys who think that widows and lower economic households should pay for athletic teams.  Major league ball teams who pay players millions of dollars to chase a ball or run around with a ball and yet they expect that the taxpayers should pay for box seats for good ol boys to swill expensive booze while “watching” millionaire ball players play games.  They  want taxes to upgrade the stadiums where they earn their money. I disagreed and I met some other guys who also disagreed. We successfully stopped several tax votes to collect and transfer MILLIONS to teams in Kansas City. It is amazing what a few internet sites like  www.TaxHog.com  can do before an election.  Joey helped us out.

                                                 This is one of his starts on the cover

Book Cover

Next thing I knew Joey was married, had a couple of kids and had moved on to a better paying job in another city.  He was still doing I.T. stuff and following his first love when not working.  He would rather be painting  paintings. Anyhow I ran him down and asked if he would be interested in creating a front and back cover for a book project I was going to do. I sent him a quick drawing I had done, which was to be a guidance image for getting started on this book cover.

Well he is off to a great start and is planning on showing  various stages of development on his web page. So if you want to see how an art project starts and progresses you should check out his personal website.

No comments:

Post a Comment